There have been several things that have happened over the last week, so today’s post will be more of a list.
- First off, I’m running a giveaway from my newsletter subscribers. The prize is a 50.00 Barnes and Noble gift card–just think of all those great books you could add to your shelves! To get in on this action, just sign up for my newsletter! Here’s the link.
- Next…are you a librarian, reviewer, or book blogger? Well Her Perfect Life is now up and available for request on NetGalley and Edelweiss Plus. I hope you’ll consider requesting it for review!
- And speaking of Her Perfect Life; my editor emailed me last week to inform me that my book cover would be changing…um what?! Yes, that’s right. Apparently they received some feedback from an influential retail buyer who advised that the cover needed more tension. They sent me a draft of the cover…and I like it! It’s not significantly different from the one you see now, but the new one definitely does add more drama to the overall impact. I look forward to sharing the new cover with you as soon as they send me a finished version.
- Last year I joined the Women’s Fiction Writers Association and when they held their board elections at the end of 2019, I decided to throw my hat in the ring for the Secretary position. Being the only one on the ballot, I won in a landslide! Last Wednesday was our first quarter meeting; it was wonderful to get to know many of the other board members and I’m really looking forward to being a part of all the great events and learning opportunities this organization is offering this year.
- I’ve been connecting with other author’s whose work is debuting in 2020 and I’ll be trying to read as many of their books as possible this year. Last week I shared Christina Clancy’s The Second Home; this week I’ll be posting about Samantha M. Bailey’s Women on the Edge–so stayed tuned! Oh, and if you’d like to follow along with the Debuts 2020 Instagram account, here’s the link.
What’s Been Happening This Week?